Sunday, January 13, 2013

Catching up

Lots and lots of updates since my last post!

WRITING

30. Become RWA Certified PRO - yes! I did this in December. What it means basically is that I have completed a novel and begun querying literary agents. It comes with some good perks, and a cool pin to wear. Next step is to become PAN, which is the Published Author Network. Soon?

31. Send at least 50 queries to literary agents (20/50). Almost halfway there! I've been busy querying my first novel. No luck yet, but I knew going in this one was a long shot. My second novel is much more mainstream, and should be ready to query in the spring.

33. Enter at least 5 writing contests (2/5). In November 2012, I entered the Gotcha Contest with my second novel. In December, I entered the Golden Heart Awards with my first novel.

PERSONAL

37. Read 101 books (14/101). This would be higher if I wasn't spending so much time writing!
             
Wow, I've been on a major Jill Shalvis kick lately! I just discovered her last year, and I loooove her work.

68. Make something handmade for Liam.


Every year for on Christmas Eve, I give Liam an ornament. This year, I used a plain wooden snowman and hand-painted it for him. It came out better than I expected! Maybe I'll try something else homemade in the future :)



ENTERTAINMENT/NEW EXPERIENCES

72. Go to the movies 5 times (1/5). I sent to see Breaking Dawn Part 2 in December with a friend. It was really good!

74. Go on a picnic (1/10). Today we had a picnic at Umstead State Park. We hiked our usual loop, then brought out the charcoal and grilled hot dogs and s'mores for supper. It was awesome, especially since it is January! :) We love this nice weather.

83. Try 20 new recipes (7/20). We have tried a lot of new recipes lately!
Beef Daub Provencal - yummy.
Slow Cooked Tuscan Pork with White Beans - just okay. A little "herby" for my taste.
Spicy Chicken Stew - yummy.
Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken - yummy.
Red Lentil Curry - yummy, and really filling for a meatless recipe!
Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Chicken - sounded yummy, but it was too salty and just not good.

87. Try 5 new foods (2/5). We added pancetta to our pasta fagiole soup, and it was yummy! Like fancy bacon! :)

88. Take Liam on his first roller coaster ride.


We rode several roller coasters at the NC State Fair in October. That's Liam and me in the 2nd to last seat. It was so fun, and he loooved it! He is fearless on rides!

Phew! I think that's it! Lots of updates! I have to get better about blogging! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment